Elliot Lake Funeral Chapel
& Cremation Centre
The family business was originally founded in 1904 by Alphonse Menard in Blind River. In 1954, son John J. Menard Sr. took over the funeral business and built a new establishment called the Menard Funeral Home. With the development of the uranium industry in the Elliot Lake area, John Sr. expanded his business and established the Elliot Lake Funeral Chapel in the city of Elliot Lake in 1979. John’s daughter Melanie Menard Hall continues the tradition of excellence in funeral service to the citizens of Elliot Lake and surrounding communities. Providing high standards of funeral assistance to the community is simply a continuation of the tradition of excellence started by Alphonse over 100 years ago.
In 2006, in response to industry changes, the business became the Elliot Lake Funeral Chapel & Cremation Centre Limited. We are continually committed to offering bereavement care and community education at no extra cost. We are also committed to serving and providing families and their loved ones with the dignity and respect they so richly deserve from our professional staff.
Cook, Marie Arbutus Loreen – It is with sorrow that the family announce the passing of Arbutus Cook at the St. Joseph ...
It is with a profound sense of sadness that the family announces the passing of Brian Edward Hagger. Born August 18, 194...
INGRAM, Kenneth “Murray”
Passed away peacefully at the St. Joseph’s General Hospital in Elliot Lake on Fri...
Melanie Menard Hall
Licenced Funeral Director
Melanie was born and raised in Blind River and graduated from Humber College, Toronto, Funeral Services Program obtaining her provincial Funeral Director Licence in 1981. She has worked in the funeral industry in Blind River, Elliot lake and the North Shore.
Managing Licenced Funeral Director
Josianne was born and raised in Elliot Lake and graduated from Collège Boréal in Sudbury under the Funeral Services Education Program. She was hired at the Elliot Lake Funeral Chapel & Cremation Centre in 1997, and has managed the establishment since 2004.
We pride ourselves in the functionality and appearance of our facilities, including our Chapel/visitation area, refreshment area as well as the casket and merchandise display room. We are always updating our funeral chapel and equipment to keep our facility current and professional as well as a welcoming place for those seeking our services